RE: [My Linkedin Power Forum] Suggestions

An alternative to this, if it is a new install of Outlook, is to point the new install to the existing pst file.  This is done using Tools > Account settings > Data files.

 

 

Gill Walker
Principal CRM Business Consultant
+61 410 449709
gill@opsis.com.au
http://www.linkedin.com/in/crmconsultant

 

 

 

From: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kathie M. Thomas
Sent: Thursday, 6 December 2007 2:19 PM
To: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [My Linkedin Power Forum] Suggestions

 

Copy the pst file to the laptop and save it somewhere you can find it.

 

If your friend is using Outlook 2003 I suggest he import everything into his Outlook program but if 2000 or less you can literally use that file.

 

I've found that in trying to use the same PST file on another computer the program gets confused in Outlook 2003 and you end up with two personal folders - one for the old file and one for the new file but it interprets them both as the same.  So open Outlook and then go to File, Import and Export, and follow the instructions - get it to import all files and folders into the same files and folders and it will work ok.

 

I've done this successfully a number of times.

 

Kathie M. Thomas, AFAIOP, MVA, ASO, VA Coach & Trainer
Award-winning "A Clayton's Secretary"® est. 1994, Virtual Assistant Network
http://www.vadirectory.net/blog/ VA Network, Coaching & Training
http://www.worth-more-than-rubies.com New Book
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathiethomas LinkedIn Profile
***************************************************************

 

 


From: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Standlee
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:06 AM
To: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [My Linkedin Power Forum] Suggestions

I have been using gmail for all of my email and a friend wants to know something about outlook, so I thought I'd ask.

He has outlook on one machine and wants to move all of that onto his laptop.

My suggestion is to get off outlook, but if he insists on staying with outlook, what do you recommend?

I am asking this forum because I know you are all power email users amongst everything you do and I'd like advice from that perspective.

Thanks,
Eric Standlee

__._,_.___

When you need help, remember one thing:  "Turn It Into A Discussion!"

My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.

Encourage your friends to join you and your 7,900 MLPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.

Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |

MLPF Business Partners:
http://www.yousayit.net/
http://projectstars.com/projectstar/vincent-wright

When you need help, remember one thing:  Turn to My Linkedin Power Forum and "Turn It Into A Discussion!"




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___