them at least) is that I want to finish my schooling before I find a
new job, despite the itch I have to look for a new job now. Of
course, I won't finish my schooling for another year and a half, so do
I really want to be unhappily employed until then?
--- In MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com, "Arun Mishra"
<mishra.arunk@...> wrote:
>
> I came across an article on the subject which might help in writing
experience.
>
> Please find the same i.e., "Perfect Timing Doesn't Exist. Stop
Waiting For It"
>
>
http://www.lifereboot.com/2007/perfect-timing-doesnt-exist-stop-waiting-for-it/
>
> It bothers me when I hear people describe a personal set of conditions
> that need to be met before they can make the next move in their life.
>
> Most often, they're just making excuses — creating obstacles that
> aren't actually there, placing the blame on some outside force they
> can't control, and choosing to let day after day of inaction turn into
> many years of waiting for their cosmos to align.
> In other words, they stay where they're comfortable until it's the
> perfect time to move on.
>
> "Once I find a better job, then I'll leave this one."
> "Once I save enough money, then I'll stop living at my parents' place."
> "Once I'm out of this stressful period of my life, then I'll quit
smoking."
>
> What's even worse are the people who connect their obstacles in a way
> that makes their current situation circular, like a trap they will
> never escape:
>
> "I can't pursue my dream career unless I leave my job, but I can't pay
> the bills unless I stay at my job."
>
> Then there's also the people who have a thousand complaints about
> their life. They typically don't even explain any connections between
> their obstacles, they just rant about anything that's causing them
> stress, but do nothing to correct any of it. They're so overwhelmed
> they don't even know where to begin, and their easiest option is to
> give up.
>
> If any of this sounds familiar, then my advice to you is this:
>
> Stop waiting for that "perfect time" to make your next move. Perfect
> timing doesn't exist. It's fictional. You'll wait forever for it.
> There will never be a perfect time to leave your job, move out of
> state, and start from scratch. Similarly, there will never be a
> perfect time to get married, have a baby, or have another baby. That's
> because no matter when you make these choices, they will involve risk
> — and it's the risk involved that makes choices like these easier to
> put off until another day.
>
> What you often fail to realize is you're not just waiting, you're
> stagnating. You stop growing, hinder your advancement, and basically
> become dull as a result of your choice to keep life on pause.
>
> If your current job is holding you back, then you should quit.
>
> Seriously. You can quit your dead-end job today. Just walk straight up
> to your boss and say "I quit." Leave and don't come back. The place
> won't crumble without you. They'll find a replacement and be just
> fine.
>
> Then hop in your car and drive across the country just to see that you
> can. Just for fun. Just to help you remember that you have a choice.
>
> No car? Hitchhike.
>
> Not your thing? Walk.
>
> I'm sure you see my point: You have more freedom than you realize.
>
> So if you want to create change in your life, then stop waiting. Let
> go of perfection and act. Once you have, you'll only regret you didn't
> start doing it sooner.
>
> Regards
> Arun K Mishra
>
> On Jan 4, 2008 2:41 AM, Deborah <dboodles77@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > This probably sounds like an impossible question to answer, but I'm
> > still putting it out there. And, I don't feel comfortable posting it
> > at LI as my boss is one of my contacts!
> >
> > I'm in a job where I'm not satisfied, and I want to find a new job
> > where I will feel more fulfilled and I will be more fulfilling. BUT,
> > fear is always there. It never feels like the right time to put in my
> > two weeks (one month) notice. I realize there will always things
> > going on at this job, and there will really never be a "perfect" time
> > to leave the job.
> >
> > So, I guess the real question is how do you go from feeling selfless
> > to selfish about your employment needs? Can you please share with me
> > some of your experiences in this area?
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Arun K Mishra
> Second Floor, Plot No. 39
> Street No. 2, East Guru Angad Nagar
> Delhi-110092
> Mobile-9910391793;9416055189
>
> "An Organization is as good as the quality of his/her employees"
>
When you need help, remember one thing: "Turn It Into A Discussion!"
My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.
Encourage your friends to join you and your 8,000 MLPF/WHPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.
Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |http://www.WrightHandPowerForum.BIZ
Other versions of My Linkedin Power Forum:
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.net (Facebook)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.org (Ning)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.biz (Linkedin Groups)
When you need help, remember one thing: There's power in discussion so, turn to My Linkedin Power Forum and turn your problem into a discussion.
********
Can You DIGG It? Stan Relihan Interviews Vincent Wright on Connections:
http://connections.thepodcastnetwork.com/2007/12/16/connections-015-king-of-the-yahoo-groups/
********
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
MyLinkedinPowerForum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: