Re: [My Linkedin Power Forum] Re: "Running out of invitations..."

Ladies and Gentlemen,
 
Good evening; I've been paying close attention to a very complete personal analysis that Irene started on this regularly important issue. Allow me to ask you all a question:
 
Having received another kind yet canned invitation from a fellow member simply "inviting me to connect and link our networks", even though I still hesitate for some moments to grant my first IDK to his invitation because it shouldn't be a basic networking rule, trying to leverage your conclusions and after a careful consideration, Should we give the IDK "prize" to canned invitations, forget about it (and maybe avoid potential problems) and mind our own networking business?
 
May I know your thoughts?
 
Best regards.
 
S i n c e r e l y,
 
Mario P. Lopez, CPA
Financial Planning / Analysis / Excel based Modeling
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mexico City, Mexico
Free VoIP Call: http://www.jaxtr.com/marioplopez  -  jaxtr


On 12/6/07, Irene <irene.koehler@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far. I agree with much of what has been
said. It really did feel to me like they want to save invitations just
in case someone better comes around the next corner.

On the topic of invitations, what do you all think about this:

"Because of the 256 character limit I am now sending introductions to
connect via email.
I would love to connect with you and see how we can help each other
and our networks. To that point, please answer these two questions:
Why did you join LI and what do you hope to gain?
What do you have to offer (e.g. connections in a sector, skillset,
purchasing power/decision making) to others in your network?
To add me as your connection, just use this email address and send me
an invitation to my profile."

I found this very interesting. This person wants to be selective and
asks me to provide the answers to his questions and send him an
invitation. He will then, I presume, consider my answers and decide
whether to accept, although he has not provided any similar
information about his value as a connection to me.

Fortunately, these emails are the exceptions. While it may seem
efficient from the sender's point of view, I don't believe they've
really thought through how it might strike the recipient, especially
considering that the recipient is a complete stranger.

I'm enjoying this forum immensely and learning a great deal from
everyone here. Thanks for letting me participate.

Irene
www.linkedin.com/in/irenekoehler

--- In MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com, "groh_barry"
<hoosier2@...> wrote:
>
> Irene,
>
> I am confused why anyone who wanted to network with you was worried
> about their invitations. If you really want to link with them, then it
> doesn't matter how many invitations you have. Link with them, or
> invite them to link with you, and get it done. It feels to me like
> they are still holding back in case something better comes along.
> sorry,if that is how my worth is in their eyes it's time for me to say
> thanks but no thanks.
>
> Barry Groh
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrygroh
>


__._,_.___

When you need help, remember one thing:  "Turn It Into A Discussion!"

My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.

Encourage your friends to join you and your 7,900 MLPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.

Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |

MLPF Business Partners:
http://www.yousayit.net/
http://projectstars.com/projectstar/vincent-wright

When you need help, remember one thing:  Turn to My Linkedin Power Forum and "Turn It Into A Discussion!"




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___