Holli Maestas
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Phone: 972-939-4541
Toll Free: 866-823-9143
Email: hmaestas@analysts.com
ANALYSTS INTERNATIONAL
From: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Curtiss
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 7:54 PM
To: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [My Linkedin Power Forum] Re: Background/Reference Check - Before Face-To-Face Interview????]
I did a Google. Background checks can be had for as little as $18.95.
Not to say they're any good, or complete, but I would expect that a
large company performing a large volume of checks could probably get
them fairly inexpensively. They'll spend more than this taking the
interviewee to lunch.
Wm.
rosenberg_phil wrote:
>
> Denise,
>
> This is likely a good sign. The employer wouldn't incur the cost of
> a background check unless they were serious about you.
>
> And they are right about expiditing the process. Criminal checks can
> take up to 10 business days, or more depenending on which state you
> are in and how busy they are. State agencies typically are slower
> around the holidays, due to employee vacations.
>
> Best of luck in your new career,
>
> Phil Rosenberg
> President, Rainmakers Global
> 773-817-0257
> phil.rainmakers@
> www.linkedin.
> Facebook: http://profile.
> <http://profile.
>
> Rainmakers Global helps companies drastically accelerate sales, by
> implementing rapid sales team deployment - Locally, nationally,
> globally. How can we help your company ramp up FAST?
>
> --- In MyLinkedinPowerForu
> <mailto:MyLinkedinP
> <denisemichalik@
> >
> > Hello,
> > I am looking for some feedback for a particular situation with an
> > interview I have with a reputable company,
> >
> > I have had three phone interviews and I have a face-to-face
> interview
> > scheduled for December 18th. This opportunity was presented to me
> by
> > a recruiter.
> >
> > As I am approaching the interview date, the recruiter has asked me
> to
> > provide my SS#, birthday, and references to complete a background
> > check in order to circumvent the upcoming holidays and speed up the
> > process if I were to receive an offer.
> >
> > I feel uncomfortable about this for basic privacy principles but it
> > would help to get feedback on how others view the request from the
> > recruiter.
> >
> > Your thoughts and comments are appreciated!
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Denise M. Michalik
> > www.MyPowerFoodGrou
> > http://www.linkedin
> <http://www.linkedin
> >
>
>
When you need help, remember one thing: "Turn It Into A Discussion!"
My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.
Encourage your friends to join you and your 7,900 MLPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.
Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |
MLPF Business Partners:
http://www.yousayit.net/
http://projectstars.com/projectstar/vincent-wright
When you need help, remember one thing: Turn to My Linkedin Power Forum and "Turn It Into A Discussion!"
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
__,_._,___