Hi Nirav,
It is always pretty difficult to immediately make a career change move. IMO, since you are already in the financial services industry, it should be slightly easier for you to migrate to your new profile in your existing firm depending on the opportunities available in your current organization on these desired lines. You might want to talk to the senior management to see if this is something workable if opportunities are available at least over a period of time.
Alternatively, there are a lot of reputed institutions that are available out of
Good luck. I hope that you are able to quickly move into a job profile that you find very challenging!!
Vasan
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1787661
From: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nirav Dadhania
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:36 PM
To: MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [My Linkedin Power Forum] (Career Advice) Engineer + MBA (Finance) in wrong profile ...
Hi everyone,
To give a brief intro of me, I am an electrical engineer and an MBA in
Finance from
financial services firm (sales of insurance, mutual funds,etc.) since
last year. I am not very interested in sales profile, but am not
getting profile matching my skills and qualifications. My desired
profile happens to be into investment banking, corporate finance,
equity research, strategic and corporate planning.
When I apply to such profiles, I get very very few interview calls,
which unfortunately I have not been able to crack.
So I am kind of stuck, not getting desired profile and not interested
in current (sales) profile.
I would be grateful if anyone can provide me some pointers/suggestion
for same.
Thanks and regards,
Nirav Dadhania.
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.
Ryze : www.ryze.com/
My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.
Encourage your friends to join you and your 7,600 MLPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.
Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |
MLPF Business Partners:
http://www.yousayit.net/
http://projectstars.com/projectstar/vincent-wright
*****Support Orphans International Worldwide*****
http://www.oiww.org |
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
__,_._,___