way to keep track of LinkedIn users who are also in our corporate database
of contacts.
There is probably an easier way to do this (would be happy to hear about it).
1 - I created a field (called attribute) in Microsoft CRM 3.0 for
"LinkedIn Profile" and made sure to identify it as a URL not a text field
(makes it double-clickable to launch browser)
2 - I exported all of our contacts into a spreadsheet and imported them
into LinkedIn as a csv file.
3 - Once uploaded, I examined "LinkedIn Users" under "Other Contacts".
4 - I manually copied and pasted the "public profile" url for each contact
in our CRM database.
5 - I created a search view in CRM that allows users to see which
individuals in CRM are members of LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse, etc. simply by
selecting that option as a drop-down when viewing the "Contacts" screen.
As individuals in our field (like most) often switch jobs frequently to
work for other clients or prospects, we don't always have current contact
information. I don't use this to try to link to people I don't know and
have never worked with, but it does provide an additional source of
information about our contacts for those who do work with these
individuals. Further, it allows us to correct our internal records and
keep some of our contacts linked to the proper accounts when they switch
employers if they are keeping their LinkedIn profile updated. Of course,
I do send connection invites to those individuals with which I have an
established working relationship. In addition, my coworkers using
LinkedIn who may have established relationships with individuals in our
corporate database can quickly identify such individuals directly in CRM
and send invites if so inclined
Here is what I am guessing may be a business opportunity for someone else
- creation of a tool to export profile urls with some sort of unique ID
field, preferably email. Perhaps this could be built as a plugin for
Microsoft CRM?
A manual cut and past solution has been helpful for the short-term given
that our list of contacts is about 5000 - of which about 300 are LinkedIn
users, but it is not ideal long-term. Any suggestions?
__________________________________________________________________
James Landrith
james@jameslandrith.com
cell: 703-593-2065 * fax: 760-875-8547
AIM: jlnales * ICQ: 148600159
MSN and Yahoo! Messenger: jlandrith
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jlandrith
http://www.jameslandrith.com
http://www.multiracial.com
http://www.multiracial.com/abolitionist/
__________________________________________________________________
My Linkedin Power Forum is a professional and friendly discussion group where thousands of members discuss and learn ways to improve their business networking skills.
Encourage your friends to join you and your 7,600 MLPF friends as we focus on the power of networking to benefit our businesses, careers, and causes.
Add MLPF/WHPF Logo To Your Linkedin Profile:
http://www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.BIZ |
MLPF Business Partners:
http://www.yousayit.net/
http://projectstars.com/projectstar/vincent-wright
*****Support Orphans International Worldwide*****
http://www.oiww.org |
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:MyLinkedinPowerForum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
MyLinkedinPowerForum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: